What is a Bloom Energy Server?
Bloom's Energy Server™ is a new class of distributed power generator, producing clean, reliable, affordable electricity at the customer site.
Fuel cells are devices that convert fuel into electricity through a clean electro-chemical process rather than dirty combustion. They are like batteries except that they always run.
Bloom Energy’s highly efficient electro-chemical process is not bound by the same thermodynamic constraints for creating electricity as conventional combustion based cogeneration systems. This enables it to generate more power from the same amount of fuel than combustion based systems.
How is Bloom fuel cell technology different than legacy "hydrogen" fuel cells?
- Low cost materials – Bloom’s cells use a common sand-like powder instead of precious metals like platinum or corrosive materials like acids.
- High electrical efficiency – it can convert fuel into electricity at nearly twice the rate of some legacy technologies
- Fuel flexibility – its systems are capable of using either renewable or fossil fuels
Scalable Energy Production and Modular Design
Each Bloom Energy Server provides 200kW of power, enough to meet the baseload needs of 160 average homes or an office building all day and night, in roughly the footprint of a standard parking space.
Does your facility need more power? Simply add more power more energy servers!
Bloom's modular architecture also offers the following benefits over conventional co-generation systems:
- easy and fast deployment
- inherent redundancy for fault tolerance
- high availability (one power module can be serviced while all others continue to operate)
Bloom Energy Servers deliver superior sustainability results compared to other distributed energy systems in terms of:
Extraordinary water savings:
Bloom's technology uses no water beyond a 240-gallon injection at start-up to produce 200 kW annually versus:
Accepted technology at major corporations: